Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dondurma, Lütfen!

Well... this is weird. I'm actually leaving. Like, getting ready and packing and learning and saying goodbye. It's a whirlwind of "WHAT? I'm actually leaving in less than a month?"-itis. I guess I knew that I was going... but it wasn't until my outbounds started leaving that I realized it. We're leaving. We're really doing this. All of us. The adventure is just beginning. Zevi was the first to go. Sven left next. Chris leaves Saturday. Sadie goes soon. JP will be too. It's really crazy how we're actually going. And it's ridiculous that I'm figuring out just now (with 22 days to go) that I'm actually leaving. I'm actually doing this. I am so excited.

This is a picture of (some) of the kiddos in both the outbound and rebound group.
(Back Row) Zoe, Sam, Chris, JP, Lexi, Alina, Emily, Julia, Bob, Phil, Francis
(Second row) Me, Alison, Liz, Andrew, Greg, Cheyanne, Valerie, Natalie, Audrey
(Front Row) Carrie, Rachel, and Noellen

For those who don't know, this is the Little Red School House. The founder of Rotary, Paul Harris, lived in Wallingford, Vermont. This is in front of one of the most important buildings in all of Rotary. Basically... it's like making a pilgrimage.
On another note, my parents are insane. Specifically my mother. The general idea is that if we label things the word in Türkçe and make me ask for things in Türkçe, eventually I might actually get some Türkçe out of this. It's 3rd grade Spanish again. Looking at windows and seeing ventanas. You know it's bad when I don't know the word for something and I have to skirt the subject instead. I wanted to say that I was going to go study my Turkish. What I actually said was Ben ve bir kalem ve kitapı ve Türkçe.* Because that really establishes what I want to say. Well, at least I can ask for ice cream.

I googled dondurma and this is what I got. I thought it was super nifty-licious.  (Or maybe just delicious...)
------------------
* Me and a pen and the book and Turkish.

No comments:

Post a Comment